EZB 14-14-3 Fire Rated Speaker Enclosure:
EZBarrier enclosures for in-wall speakers are easy to install, reducing unnecessary labor and material costs while diminishing the transfer of sound from one room to another and maintain the integrity of a fire-rated wall/ceiling.
This enclosure allows residential and commercial contractors to meet building code requirements for installation of in-wall/ceiling assemblies. With the EZ barrier one-hour fire-rated enclosure, you’ll install speakers in a fraction of the time while maintaining a one-hour fire rating.
EZBarrier Speaker Enclosure meets requirements for ASTM E119 (2008a) standards. Intertek Listed for EZB 16-24-9, and EZB 14-14-3. On April 25, 2002, Omega Point Laboratories certified EZBarrier firebox to the American Society for Testing and Materials specification ASTM E119-00a Standard Methods of Fire Tests of Building Construction and
Materials. EZBarrier firebox also meets the following fire-related specifications: UL 263, UBC 7-1, NFPA 251, and ASI A2.1.
- Fits both 16” and 24” on-center applications; one size fits most applications
- Attaches quickly with drywall screws, saving time and labor
- Features 4 knockouts for wiring flexibility with easy access from any direction
- Affixed directly to the structure
Protects in-wall speakers from harmful moisture and dirt Contains intumescent material that provides sound reduction Keeps loose insulation out of eyes while installing speaker Maintains vapor barrier integrity to meet new “tight building” codes Maintenance free.
Contains fire, gas, smoke and heat within the enclosure for 60 minutes, preventing leakage through the assembly into duct work. Meets the following codes:
- ASTM E119-05a
- UL 263
- UBC 7-1
- NFPA 251
- ANSI A2.1
- ULC S101
- Certified by Omega Point Laboratories
- Certified by Intertek & Warnock Hersey
- Flanges: 5” wide for easy mounting
- Material: Corrosion-resistant metal
- Internal Dimensions: 13.5”long x 13.5”wide x 3”deep