EZ barrier enclosures for in-wall speakers are easy to install, reducing unnecessary labor and material costs while diminishing the transfer of sound from one room to another and maintain the integrity of a fire-rated wall/ceiling.
This enclosure allows residential and commercial contractors to meet building code requirements for installation in wall/ceiling assemblies. With the EZ barrier one-hour fire-rated enclosure, you’ll install speakers in a fraction of the time while maintaining a one-hour fire rating.
- Fits both 16” and 24” on-center applications; one size fits most applications
- Attaches quickly with drywall screws, saving time and labor
- Features 4 knockouts for wiring flexibility with easy access from any direction
- Affixed directly to the structure
Protects in-wall speakers from harmful moisture and dirt Contains intumescent material that provides sound reduction Keeps loose insulation out of eyes while installing speaker Maintains vapor barrier integrity to meet new “tight building” codes Maintenance free.
Contains fire, gas, smoke and heat within the enclosure for 60 minutes, preventing leakage through the assembly into duct work. Meets the following codes:
- ASTM E119-05a
- UL 263
- UBC 7-1
- NFPA 251
- ANSI A2.1
- ULC S101
- Certified by Omega Point Laboratories
- Certified by Intertek & Warnock Hersey
- Flanges: 5” wide for easy mounting
- Material: Corrosion-resistant metal
- Internal Dimensions: 13.25”long x 13.25”wide x 2-7/8”deep (includes intumescent material)